Foglizzo Leather is committed to environmental awareness and preservation, as reflected through day to day business, beginning with production and ending in distribution.
The production of a sustainable material relies on a respect for natural resource depletion and a focus on critical areas where improvements contribute positively to the sustainability profile of the leather product.
Foglizzo aims is to to achieve exemplary environmental performance by fulfilling these commitments:
- Complying with environmental regulations regarding the animals used. The material is a byproduct of the meat industry, which would otherwise become landfill and all animals are closely monitored in line with local regulations to ensure that no animals are ever harmed solely for their skins.
- Striving to ensure that all fishes come from specially cultivated fish farms in line with local regulations and are not taken from nature.
- Working closely with The World Conservation Union to ensure none of our products are endangered species.
- Conducting operations in an environmentally sound manner by applying the principles of reduce, reuse and recycle in all processes.
- Advocating environmental responsibility among our employees who promote the use of leather as a product of nature, that is both extremely durable and lasts up to five times longer than fabric, thus reducing replacement costs as well as unnecessary waste.
- Motivating staff by means of regular, relevant environmental training, information and involvement in projects on environmental topics.
- Striving to ensure that suppliers agree to comply with environmental regulations by using natural products during the tanning process, including vegetable tannings and oils. All leather finishes are water-based materials.
- Pursuing continuous improvement in our environmental performance by ensuring the use of environmentally friendly cleaning products for our leather.
Purchasing Foglizzo Leather, guarantees a quality product made by a company that wishes to make a contribution to the sustainable conservation of the environment and fulfilling an active responsibility towards the society.